The teacup yorkie may be one of the most adorable dogs on the planet. Their name comes from the fact that when they are small puppies they can easily fit inside of a teacup. The teacup yorkie does not realize that it is a small dog, with adults averaging only between 2 to 4 pounds. The teacup yorkie has a lot of attitude and spirit in a small package. Before looking for a teacup yorkie for sale, there are a few things that need to be considered first.
Teacup Yorkie Considerations
Before searching for a teacup yorkie, it is important to consider whether this is the right dog for the family and environment:
- Size A teacup yorkie is small, and this also makes them fragile. Stepping on a teacup Yorkie can cause serious injury or even death. For this reason, one might not be the right choice for a family that has small children or other larger pets.
- Health Issues The teacup yorkie was developed by breeding the runts of the litter. This means that they come with a lot of health problems, and it is important to consider their special needs and potential vet expenses. Choosing a good breeder can help to avoid many of these issues.
- Schedule These tiny dogs cannot store as much fat as larger dogs and need to be fed small amounts every two to four hours. They can only eat about an ounce of food at a time. This also means more frequent potty breaks. It is important to consider whether the dog's needs can be met before deciding to purchase one.
The teacup yorkie is small, but they are still a terrier. They are confident and do not seem to realize that they are smaller than other animals. As with larger terriers they are active and curious. They are affectionate and love their owners, but one must not forget that they were bred for hunting rodents and other vermin, a job which they take quite seriously. This means that they like to bark, dig, and chase any small animals such as hamsters, guinea pigs, or pet rats. They can pack both a lot of love and mayhem in a small package.
Teacup Yorkie Pros
A few of the pros of owning a teacup yorkie include:
- Small size
- Suitable for many apartments
- Trendy breed
Teacup Yorkie Cons
A few of the cons of owning a teacup yorkie include:
- Easily injured
- Health Problems
- Must be fed and walked frequently
- Not good for kids due to danger of dog injury
- Chase small animals
Top 5 Routes for "Teacup Yorkie"
- Teacupspuppies.com This website features information and accessories specifically designed for teacup yorkies. They offer sales of yorkies and offer salon services too. They even offer a selection of clothing for the new puppy.
- Elvisyorkshireterrier.com This website is the sales page where breeders of teacup yorkies can offer the puppies that they have for sale. They offer the ability to search by size, gender, color, and age. They also offer information on the health and care of yorkies.
- Teacuppuppiesstore.com This website is for a breeder in Florida. They offer concierge service, life insurance, and other exclusive services. They also offer other small dogs besides yorkies.
- Teacupyorkies.info. This site offers information on yorkies, sales, rescue, and adoption. They offer information about training issues and breeders. They have breeder listings for the United States and the UK.
- Yorkiebabies.com This is a website for a breeder of teacup yorkies, maltese, shihtzu, pomeranians, chihuahuas, and other small breeds. They offer information on care and grooming. They have instructional videos.
What is a Route?
A route is a gateway to learning. Routes.com's mission is to go beyond search results by curating summaries and top "routes" for today's most popular subjects. Learn More
Suggest a Route
Are we missing a subject you think should be given a route? Suggest a new route. Learn More
Become a routes.com contributor. Submit your route today! Learn More