Rottweilers as Pets
Rottweilers are known as being an aggressive breed and many people are reluctant to take them on as pets. Despite what is thought of them generally, a rottweiler can be the perfect pet for dog lovers. These dogs, despite their seemingly aggressive nature, also have a loving and gentle side them that makes them a great contribution to any household.
Positive Qualities of Rottweilers
There are just a few of the great qualities of this breed of dog:
- They are loyal and protective of their family. They form close bonds with their owners and quick to spring to action when they feel their owner may be in danger
- While it make take some time for a them to become accustomed to strangers, when they do get comfortable, they can be cuddly and affectionate dogs. They love to cuddle up with their owners, even in places that are smaller than their body.
- They are also quite intelligent and easily susceptible to training. While training can be a daunting task, rottweilers have great intelligent and veteran dog owners should enjoy discovering the myriad of clever things this breed can do.
Things to be Careful of When Owning a Rottweiler
It takes a great deal of time and energy to fully train a this breed of dog. They are intelligent dogs, but it is necessary to put a lot of time and effort into the training of this animal. Rottweilers only adopt aggressive traits when they are trained to be that way. Proper training must begin at a young age to prevent the dog from becoming overly aggressive as it grows. Because of how dangerous the dog is thought to be, many states have even banned the ownership of rottweilers. So a dedicated owner is important to the proper development of the dog.
Traits of this Breed
One of the rottweiler's signature characteristics is its strong jaw. Rottweilers love to chew things, and if they are not provided with the adequate toys to chew, they will turn to furniture and household items. So owners should provide their rottweilers with enough chew toys to keep them occupied. Also, since rottweilers were original herding dogs, they have to inert tendency to herd things. Many do this by "herding" children and family members. They are also hesitant to open up to strangers, but this is more due to shyness than aggression.
Why Owning This Dog is a Great Idea
- They are excellent guard dogs. Anyone who has a family and wants to ensure the safety of their family may want to own one for the extra protection.
- They are loyal companions. Since it takes a while for rottweilers to warm up to people they have just met, once that bond is formed, it can never be broken. They are ideal for anyone looking for a long time companion.
- Rottweilers are energetic and love exercise. They will be a great match for an owner who loves to do the same.
Top 5 Routes for "Rottweiler"
- Dogtime.com This website has photos and information on rottweilers along with other breeds of dogs. It also includes detailed statistics about the characteristics of the dog.
- Akc.org This website provides information for people hoping to own rottweilers in the future. It also provides information on where to find rottweilers in your area.
- Animalplanet.com On this website, there is a fact filled encyclopedia page along with an short informative video about the care and owning of rottweilers.
- Petswave.com This site has important information about the characteristics and traits of rottweilers. This is ideal for anyone who wants more in-depth information about this breed.
- Petmd.com Here there is information from a veterinary standpoint, which is useful to learn more about this dog.
What is a Route?
A route is a gateway to learning. Routes.com's mission is to go beyond search results by curating summaries and top "routes" for today's most popular subjects. Learn More
Suggest a Route
Are we missing a subject you think should be given a route? Suggest a new route. Learn More
Become a routes.com contributor. Submit your route today! Learn More